We are living in a modern society. In a community where technology is needed, people strived to upgrade the devices we use for convenience. One great example is the photocopying machine. Back then, we do not have those machines yet. In the 1940s, their way of copying text was the carbon-paper sandwich. The carbon paper between 2 papers serves as the producer of the Xerox copy.
During the 1980s, they already had the mimeograph, which used heavy waxed-paper stencils. They considered it impractical back then due to the handwriting and its nature.
Nowadays, we now have a copier. It is a machine that makes exact copies of documents, video or audio recordings, or software. Most photocopiers use laser technology. A process that uses charges on a light-sensitive photoreceptor to form an image.
One can buy a new copier, but copier leasing services are usable everywhere. An excellent place to mention is Bakersfield. Bakersfield offers many copiers for lease or copier leasing services. Now the concern is, if you are from Bakersfield, is it better to buy a copier for offices, or leasing one is a better decision? It is a need, but what are the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing this machine? Here is a quick overview of factors you need to consider before buying a copier.
- Full ownership. Buying a copier applies to people who would like to use it in their best interest. It is changeable, modifiable. One can sell it or have maintenance performed on it at any time without any other permission needed.
- No agreements. When you buy a copier, you don’t have to sign any contracts or agreements.
- Cheaper in the long term. One can save much money when paying full payment right away to avoid interest and finance charges.
- Tax-deductible. The entire cost of the new copier buy is 100% tax-deductible.
- Easy-selling process. Any agreements do not restrict one if you would like to sell it in the future.
- Expensive initial cost. People without a lot of financial resources will find it challenging to buy a new copier.
- Out-to-date technology. Today’s brand new copier could be out-to-date five years from now and will need replacement. One will need to spend money to buy a new one, or you may have to use the old one until you can afford to get a new one again.
- Cost of maintenance. It’s the owner’s responsibility, and it may become costly over time.
- Depreciation. Any expensive copier may not be as worth it as it is when one’s going to resell it.
- Lack of Technical Support. It is also the owner’s responsibility to pay for your technical maintenance.
Given the information above, one might consider leasing a copier instead. Is a copier lease worth it, though? Check the following pros and cons:
- Low upfront cost. Leasing is an excellent option for people who don’t have a large initial budget to buy a new copier.
- Actual monthly payments. You can stick to your budget as you know how much the regular monthly cost is.
- Options to upgrade. People who lease are not stuck with the equipment. At the end of the leasing term, one can upgrade to a newer model with better technology.
- Tax-deductible. A leased copier is a lease expense, not an asset, making one qualify for income tax benefits. A lease written each month doesn’t depreciate.
- No maintenance cost. The monthly payment al]ready includes the cost for maintenance.
- Higher total cost. Paying in installments for several months or years will cost more. One only avoided the initial lump sum payment with leasing, but it costs more in the long-term;
- Strict terms and conditions. One has to obey the leasing company’s terms. Any breach of the contract will result in a hefty penalty.
- No ownership. Leasing means one cannot do anything to the product, like sell or change it, as your wishes.
- Constrained Products available: One cannot choose any products they want when leasing. They have to choose among the effects that the leasing company is offering.
Buying or leasing products, such as a copier for legal offices, is the consumer’s right. Whether one wants to buy or lease a copier in Bakersfield, Copier Lease Bakersfield is an excellent company. They offer copier services, copier leasing, and copier leasing services in Bakersfield. One can bear the details listed above for better decision-making.